Saturday, July 5, 2014

Out and about in Mumbai/Bombay...

We did get a chance to see a bit of Mumbai (formerly known as Bombay), eat out, do a bit of shopping and see a couple tourist sites.


New Years in Mumbai 2014.  We were sitting on our deck watching some locals shoot off fireworks on the street.  I was beyond jet-lagged wrapped in my blanket when suddenly a few fireworks came shooting in our direction, bouncing around on our deck - underneath my blanket.  Did a little unintentional new years dance while my blanket was singed.  We then decided to call it a night after what we thought/hoped were apologies from the boys on the street in Hindi. 


Christmas decorations still lighting up the streets.  The snowflakes are pretty cool ;)

Mumbai local market


Domino's pizza delivery

Moto taxi/CNG

 Always room for one more...or more shopping bags.

One of the shopping malls

 Christina and Julia


 Roomies - Julia and I

Apartments - Mumbai is the most populous city in India and the 4th in the world.  
Populations is about 20.5 million (World Population Review, 2014).  

 One of the main train stations - where Slumdog Millionare was filmed.

The Arabian Sea

Gateway to India

 And we found a Starbucks...or 2.


 View overlooking Mumbai

The team out for some amazing Indian food!


1 comment:

healthshocks.com said...

Hi Jolene, my name is Alex and I'm a reporter at the Globe and Mail's B.C. bureau. I would love to chat with you about your plans to go to Liberia to help with the Ebola outbreak. Can you please drop me a line at aposadzki@globeandmail.com, or 604-631-6668? Many thanks! Alex