Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Meet more Bengali's and Bideshi's (white people)

Susan...working in Bangladesh for more then 20 years in multiple different roles - presently with the Health College.  A woman of God who took me under her wing not only as a coworker and friend but letting me eat at her table every day in SGR 2, my neighbor on the compound.

 Ruth.  Another amazing woman with a huge servants heart!  Such a great example to learn from.  She lived with Susan in SGR 2.

This is Peter, SGR 2's cook, his daughter and brand new grandson who he was so proud of!

Samsho and Peter the men who kept me alive while I was in Bangladesh...great cooks!  It was such a blessing to be so well taken care of. 

Eti - my language teacher and her family.  This woman had the gift of patience definitely!!  Being a language teacher has got to be such a challenge, listening to adults talk baby talk in their own language.

Lovely and her husband.  Lovely worked in the administration office on the compound.  Not only is her name Lovely but she truely match's her name inside and out.  Wonderful woman!  We were invited to her home for her son's birthday party.  She'd had Bideshi's over many times as she understood we can't eat a heaping plate of rice and everything else too.

Lovely's children...Sunny and Rainy :)  These truely were their names.  They also had Bible names - David and Jonathan.

Annie - full of energy and spunk!!  Bengali people are so hospitable.  Such examples to learn from.  I had the priveledge of being invited to many different homes.  Annie's house was one of them.

Annie came over to my house one day to decorate my feet with mende. 

Mohim (right) and his brother.  This Muslim family was so involved in the work of Memorial Christian Hospital.  Most of their family members were employed by MCH and were amazing workers.  So kind and  hospitable!  I also was blessed with eating a tasty curry meal at their family home.

Hanna (left), one of my students and her family.  Yep, you're not seeing double, she does have an identical twin sister.  I could not tell the 2 apart.  Her Mother and brother Ronnie were also employed at MCH.  Wonderful hospitable people!

Rotna and her son.  A widowed woman with an amazing testimony and heart for God.  We were invited to their home for her son's birthday.

Ruth, Mary (the only other Canadian - yay), Megan, and Susan at the party.

The deCosta family and Grandma.  They gave so much when they only had so little.  Such wonderful people!  Since I left Bangladesh they were blessed with a little baby girl.  Subrato is an employee at MCH.

A boat ride out on the Cal...(inlet of Bay of Bengal).

First day of rainy season...but it held off for a few hours :)

Goats...everywhere.

We visited a couple fishing huts.

 Sujan and Sukumor, my translators.  Sukumor is arranging a wedding in this picture - not a joke, he really was!

Caught some crabs

 Sujan, Sukumor, me, and Lynette holding huge crabs!

Fishing traps would be up or down, depending on the tide.


Sujan's family home.  This Hindu family is all employed by MCH.  Yet another wonderful, hospitable family!

Heidi (who works in translation) and I were invited for an amazing, one of the best I've ever tasted, curry meals!

This is SGR 2, the home I ate at each day.  Susan and Ruth hosted a singles dessert farewell for me when I left.  It was such a wonderful evening of playing 'Would you rather...', eating awesome desserts, and hanging out together one last time.

Glenda, Lisa, Susan and I.

Lynette, Mary, Megan, and Christel.

Such wonderful people who have such an amazing ministry here! 

No comments: